Saturday, September 12, 2009

a small rant

Today, I was waiting at a crowded bus stop and out of the corner of my eye, I saw (and heard) a guy riding down the street on one of these...
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather be caught roller blading (wrist pads and all) than cruising down the road in one of these whiny, high pitched crap mobiles.  I don't know how many people were at the bus stop with me, but I'm pretty sure no one was thinking, "That guy is SO cool," as he drove by.  If you need to validate yourself by driving a motorcycle, at least make sure its adult sized.  Dude looked like a clown on a tricycle.  
 
He looked so mind bogglingly stupid that I even tried to rationalize it by thinking to myself, "Maybe he's really late to something and had no other transportation." But I realized even that excuse sucks.  What event could possibly have been so important that he needed to sacrifice all dignity to get there?    Let me put it this way: If I had to choose between missing my first child's birth and riding one of these to the hospital to get there on time, someone else is gonna be cutting the cord.  I'd rather watch the birth on video later than give up my dignity so easily (the small amount I still carry with me).
  
Call me a hater, but stupid stuff needs to be hated on.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHHA

    I'VE SEEN SOMEONE RIDING ONE OF THOSE MINI-MOTORCYCLES TOO!!!!

    i laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, but i definitely wasn't a hater like you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! hilarious. I wonder if someone threw a rock at the person they would tip over on their itsy bitsy motorcycle.

    Thanks PIE-ONNN. DTS is gonna be awesome...I can't wait! ;)

    ReplyDelete